Thursday, December 28, 2006

an old friend...

well its been another relaxing day in victoria. i have to say though that i love it here a lot, but i miss you guys soooo much. i miss being able to call you and just hang out. anyways, well this morning my dad, nathan, destiny, my grandpa and i all walked up mount doug. it is so beautiful out there with all the tall trees unfortunalty which some have been damaged a lot by the wind and snow. anyways, its just beautiful out there. after our walk we came home and nathan and i went into the hot tub. that explains itself.. lol i got out after 5 minutes.. hey thats pretty good for being in there with my brother! anyways, after that we all got dressed and showered and whatnot and we went to my grandpa's golfing club. its quite fancy there and they even have a dress code! but the funny thing was the only pants i brought were jeans because i wasn't going to dress up too much but i had broght nice tops to kinda dress the jeans up a bit. but anyways, the only kind of pants u are not allowed to wear are jeans so i here i was in this expensive golf club eating..in my huskie pants..lol wow that was fun.. after we had lunch my mom decided that i should go over and visit my old buddy Luke. now luke and i were best friends since about grade 2. we lost contact when i moved and we haven't talked since. i was so excited to hear that he moved to victoria so i could finally see him. so as i was walking to his door i was nervous not knowing what to expect at all. i saw some dogs run to the door and my heart was racing then.. he answered the door. i actually said oh my gosh when i saw him.. which was sorta weird but i was used to the Luke who was shorter than me, short haired, obssesed with limp biskit and skateboarding instead standing in front of me was a long curly haired, somewhat grungy/skater boyish guy obssesed with his computer wearing a pink floyd t-shirt. he looked at me and i looked at him.. we said nothing and my parents talked to his dad and i left. i had a feeling that no words would be exchanged between the two of us but at least i saw him. but yeah, he still looks the same underneath all that hair and i honestly miss having him as a friend. but things change when people grow up and move away. i wonder what it would be like if i was still in calgary. id probably either be skateboarding with the guys, or watching a movie with nathan and amanda. in some ways i miss that but now i have katelynn, steph, erin and leon of course and u guys could never be replaced. thats the good thing about moving u make new friends but u still have ur old ones too. although in the process people stop keeping in contact, like luke and i which is a shame but life must go on. anyways, i mustn't start with my moving stories and move onto a different topic. now im sitting in the dark worrying about things. worrying that i won't finish my homework and i am going to mess uop on my piano exam and that i won't find my purse and i will loose all that money and stuff. but theres not much i can do. but i better go for now. i miss you guys a lot.

1 comment:

katelynn said...

hey we miss you too...it's so wierd not having you around. glad you could see an old friend...too bad you guys couldn't chat or something though.