Sunday, July 29, 2007

update!

hi guys, yeah its definatly been awhile! life has been busy as usual... but its been nice. God has answered my prayers yet again. as most of u know i was struggling with deciding whether to work or not. the next day after i posted that prayer request, my mom sat me down and talked to me about work. i told her that i realllllly wanted a car and how was i supposed to get one without a job??? well... she said that i could use the family car, the van.. and when i learned to drive a standard i could drive dad's car. so that solved that. but also i wanted money to spend and what not as well. but God told me that he would provide and that after coming home from mexico he had told me that i needed time to listen to him and to spend time with him. so how was i supposed to have a job, do piano, guitar and all my other stuff and spend time with God. I don't wante to fit God in, i want to buil everything around my time with him.
anyways, so that is that.
this morning before work i was reading my devotions on the internet and one stuck out for me. here is the verse...
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Philippians 3:13-15 (NIV)
what this verse is talking about is that it doesn't matter what kind of past you have had. God loves you and will forgive you. He gave his only son up so that we could live life to the fullest. He doesn't want us to sit around at think about all the bad things we've done. He wants us to live.
well i better go for now, work is calling my name unfortunatly. talk to you all soon!
xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

enji said...

its awesome to know that the past doesn't matter. i love how forgiving our God is and that each day we have a fresh start to live for him. he doesn't care about what we've done. he just cares about the present. i love that!