Saturday, January 19, 2008

an answered prayer

so most of you know that ive been kinda struggling with not going to the retreat. im supposed to be going to this high school select wind orchestra which always conflicts with the winter retreat. i believe that i missed it last year because of this. anyways im the type of person who wants to be involved in evertyhing and i don't want to miss out. so i prayed to God that he would show me what i need to do. Part of me wanted to stay home because to be honest, i don't mind these band things. But the other part of me was like, you know ive been working my butt of and i want to have a nice weekend with my friends and God is going to be working in that place. So last night in small groups, this subject was prayed upon. I thought nothing of it afterwards. This morning i woke up and my mom was in the kitchen and i was like mom guess what, and shes like no you guess what. and so i waited her to tell me what she needed to say, and she said Grace, you are going on the retreat. weirdly enough that was just the thing i was about to tell her. my dad heard all this and he was just confused... but yeah so im going to be going on the retreat becasue God wants me to be there. oh and by the way, any rumour you heard about my mom coming is totally not true...lol

5 comments:

Rach said...

wow gracie that's awesome and i am so incredibly excited that you're coming. it's gonna be a blast! love you lots

Sami said...

o man YEAH!!!!!! ok i was sooo bumbed that you weren't comeing!! yeah i'm soooo excited now. and i know what you mean GOD is going to do something totally amazing at the youth retreat i am shaking right now!! lol!! thats how excited i am!! :D :D :D

enji said...

what kind of rumor about your mom would i have heard... lol
really excited you're coming on the retreat. i prayed about it last night after youth group. CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!

Paul said...

MAN THAT MAKES ME SOOOO HAPPY!!!! WE can be skippers together!! tehe love you lots!!!

*gracie* said...

hahaha yay for skippers!!! oh and erin.. on facebook me and katie were having a convo that got messed up and she thought my mom was coming on the retreat and then Steph was like what grace's mom is coming and im like NOOOO shes not coming!!!!!