Tuesday, October 16, 2007

oh im just a thinkin...:P

well ive been thinking lately. since i've had a lot of time to think. a few days ago i was thinking. i felt so alone, weak and just drained. I cleared my mind and tried to relax. i saw my bible laying on my table. without even thinking, i picked it up. i heard the words psalm and 62 in my head. i immediatly could tell that it was my father's voice. so without hesitation i flipped to pslam 62 and it was such a miracle and a blessing. it says:
1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall never be shaken.
3 How long will you assail a person,
will you batter your victim, all of you,
as you would a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4 Their only plan is to bring down a person of prominence.
They take pleasure in falsehood;
they bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse.
5 For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.
9 Those of low estate are but a breath,
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.
10 Put no confidence in extortion,
and set no vain hopes on robbery;
if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
11 Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
12 and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.
For you repay to all
according to their work.
For me this was such a blessing not only because i felt like i was alone, but also because i felt like i had done all these things for God but nothing had come from it. He promises us that we will be repayed for the things we have done for him. i know that God is my rock and I can lean on him...
just thinkin....

No comments: