Sunday, March 16, 2008

music

i never really realized how important music is to me. ive been at one of those not so close points with God and i haven't been to church for quite awhile. its not that i havent been feeling like going, its just that i have been extremely busy. anyways, so today i was on my way to worship and i was actually really pumped for the practice for some reason. usually its just part of my weekly routine. so i get to the church and help mike pick out some songs for our package for the pancake breakfast on Friday (which you should all come to!) and yeah then practice started and we had to start with the hardest song first. and we played through it a couple of times and by the end we rocked at it. it was so much fun. i was so happy by the end of the practice. it made me happy that my music was worshiping God. He gave me the talent of being able to play the piano and i can use that to bring glory to him. i think thats so awesome. Worship music is so powerful and for me, it helps me feel so much closer to God. and thats just what i needed.

1 comment:

enji said...

mmmhmmm. that's like writing for me! i love writing because it's seriously a gift that i could never come by on my own. its not something that i've worked at, its just something that God has given me to truly enjoy. its funny that when you find true gifts from God that you are amazingly thankful for, you can always find that that gift has some way of giving praise back to your heavenly father. which is soo cool. you're like God, thank you for this gift and thank you that you've given me the means to show you i'm thankful for this gift through this gift.
you really do have a talent on the piano and i'm really happy that you can find joy in praise God through using your gift!